CITY of Malolos, Bulacan — many Filipinos are waiting for recent updates in the construction of the most awaited New Manila International Airport dubbed as NMIA.
According to the latest statement from the Provincial Government of Bulacan, Governor Daniel R. Fernando clarified that the construction of Bulacan airport is still a go and it’s not in any way affected by President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr.’s veto of the bill creating the Bulacan Airport City Special Economic Zone and Freeport.
Fernando explained that the two projects are separate entities and he agrees that it needs more time for careful study, evaluation and review.
“The only issue that we have as of the moment is the approval of the proposed special economic zone which I strongly believe will just need to be justified, revisited, and reviewed,” the governor said.
On the other side, San Miguel Corporation recent release statement through their San Miguel Aero City Inc.’s website. President and CEO Ramon Ang said. “San Miguel remains fully committed to continuing on its path of growth through nation-building, and building the New Manila International Airport — seen as the solution to decades of air traffic and land congestion that have severely limited the country’s growth,”
“We respect and abide by the government’s decision,” he said in the statement. “We thank him for recognizing where the proposed Freeport bill can be further improved, and we look forward to working with his administration towards perfecting this.” He said
Mr. Ang specified optimism that the vision for the ecozone could still be realized after the presidential veto “given the many benefits it will bring to the country.”
He said the state could reap about $200 billion in export revenue annually from potential foreign investors in the aviation, manufacturing, technology, education, healthcare and tourism industries.
“We are eager to continue working with government and play an active role in helping our country reach its goals — as we have faithfully and consistently done,” he added.
Meanwhile, the Presidential Palace said Mr. Marcos is still open to supporting the ecozone once lawmakers fix the “defects” of the bill.
“We understand the feelings of disappointment, but this is the stand of the President. Let’s fix this now, so we don’t wait for it to be challenged later on,” Press Secretary Trixie Cruz-Angeles told in a news briefing on July 2022.
“It is his commitment to sharpen the law, so when this is indeed passed, then he can fully support it.” She added. (RONDA BALITA ONLINE)
- Bulacan airport still a go, special economic zone separate project” – Fernando – Provincial Government of Bulacan
- This is how your New Manila International Airport might look like
- LGUs, Bulacan residents push for immediate construction of new Manila International Airport
- WATCH VIDEO: WORLD CLASS AIRPORT SOON! NEW MANILA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT sa Bulakan Bulacan SMC Project
- Bulacan Airport construction not affected by veto: Palace
- WATCH VIDEO: New Manila International Airport in Bulacan as of June 2022
- LOOK: San Miguel’s planned Bulacan airport complex
- SMC vows to complete Bulacan airport project
- New Manila International Airport (Bulacan International Airport)
- SMC remains committed to Bulacan airport despite veto on ecozone bill
- Construction of Bulacan International Airport to Open New Avenues to Luzon
- Bulacan airport ecozone bill refiled in House with amendments
- Dutch gov’t backs SMC’s P740 B Bulacan Airport
- San Miguel’s P740-B Bulacan Airport project gets Dutch gov’t backing
- SMC gets Dutch credit boost for P740-B Bulacan airport
BEST ONLINE SHOPPING STORE IN THE PHILIPPINES:
Lazada, Shopee, Zilingo Trade, LookingFour, BuyLocal PH, Poundit, Carmudi, Lamudi, Shopinas, Rotita, The British Store, Amazon, Khol’s, Walmart, Zappos, NewEgg, Etsy, ModCloth, HomeDepot, BestBuy, AJIO, Asos, Koovs, Net-a-Porter, Nasty Gal, Boohoo, Forever21, H&M, TheIconic, Zalora, Alibaba, Metrodeal, eBay PH, Galleon PH, Deal Grocer, Autodeal, Zipmatch, KimStore, Globe Shop, Myntra, Facebook Marketplace, Carousell, ConcepStore, Ticketnet, Food Panda, Nativbird, Grab Food, Adobomall, Zagana